Top List of the Best Garden Sprayer on the Market
Seeing the plants grow and the flowers bloom is one of the things I love about having a garden, but gardening is no joke. Though I know it comes along with it, it gets pretty hard sometimes, especially when I apply pesticides, weed killers, and many other products. I should always find the right and balanced amount of these products. Otherwise, it will cause harmful effects on my garden. Hence, I decided I have to find the best garden sprayer for my plants.
- Different Types of Garden Sprayer
- Buying Guideline: How to Choose the Best Garden Sprayer
- Top 4 Garden Sprayer on the Market
- 1. Solo 418 One-Hand Pressure Sprayer, 1-Liter
- 2. Chapin 20000 1-Gallon Poly Lawn and Garden Sprayer
- 3. Smith Contractor 190216 2-Gallon Sprayer for Weed Killers, Herbicides, and Insecticides
- 4. 4-Gallon Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer Wide Mouth With STEEL WAND and BRASS NOZZLE
Different Types of Garden Sprayer
1. Wheeled Sprayers – This type of garden sprayer is designed with wheels for easier mobility. It is preferable for those who are unable to lift heavier loads.
2. Liquid Sprayers – This is the most common type of garden sprayer that is used by gardeners or homeowners. It is customized with a sprayer wand that delivers two kinds of motion – fine spray and coarse spray.
3. Gasoline-powered Sprayers – This type of garden sprayer functions through a gasoline-powered engine that accomplishes heavy-duty tasks faster. It usually covers vast lawns thus requires more professional use. This is recommended for professional gardeners who are knowledgeable enough to control the sprayer. If it is not operated well with the user, it might cause harmful effects on the yard and also with the pets nearby.
4. Back Pack Sprayers – Many prefer this type of sprayer for more convenience. Hence, the name. It is carried like a backpack which allows both of your hands to move freely while working on the yard.
5. Compression Tank Sprayers – Also known as pump sprayers, compression tank sprayers function through a pressure which controls how much product you’d release in your garden. It is important to know the pressure before you spray it out or else, you’d either spray too much or lesser than the right amount.
Buying Guideline: How to Choose the Best Garden Sprayer
Here are some of the factors you need to consider first before buying a garden sprayer.
1. TYPE OF SPRAYER
There are different types of sprayers and each is customized for a particular use. Some are also designed only for professional use. So, if you end up with the wrong one, you might not be able to use it properly. It is much better to check all the types of a garden sprayer, take some research and so you can choose the right product.
2. TANK CAPACITY
Every garden sprayer has its own tank capacity and it depends on how big the garden or yard you need to fill. The capacity usually ranges from 1 quart to 3 gallons or more. Backpack sprayers usually have bigger tank capacity while handheld sprayers usually have the smallest. However, you can still browse all the other types to check how much tank capacity you really need.
Galvanized steel, polyethylene plastic and stainless steel are what garden sprayers usually made of. If you’re looking for more affordable garden sprayers, you can go with plastic sprayers. They are also the lightest of all the materials, but they are less durable. Steel sprayers, however, are more durable but heavier and pricier.
Top 4 Garden Sprayer on the Market
The Solo 418 One-hand pressure sprayer features a multi-angle nozzle spray which accommodates a vast variety of spraying angles. So if you need to work on with your plants thoroughly, I think this might be a good option for you. The multi-angle nozzle spray allows you to spray effectively underneath the leaves. It is also convenient and provides more controlled spraying application.
Since it is made of plastic, this is lightweight and versatile which you can use both indoors and outdoors. It is also durable and long-lasting as long as proper cleaning is done.
This is also customized for different applications such as auto, general cleaning, weed control and gardening. However, there had been complaints regarding the pressure. It does not build up enough to spray effectively. The pump seems to be less durable as it leaks easily.
What we like:
- Features multi-angle nozzle for more controlled spray
- Lightweight and versatile
- Long-lasting as long as proper cleaning is done
- Can be used for different applications – auto, general cleaning, weed control and gardening
What we don't like:
- The pressure does not build up enough to spray effectively
- The pump is not very durable and leaks easily
Sometimes, when I am unsure of what product to buy, I look for the best-sellers. The same thing I did for finding the best garden sprayer. It is a bit tough as the list of products is overwhelming. However, I managed to check everything on the list, one by one, and I ended up with Chapin 20000 garden sprayer. It is the number one best-selling garden sprayer on the market!
The Chapin 20000 garden sprayer has a tank capacity of 1 gallon and designed with a funnel-top and translucent tank for easy filling and cleaning. It features a 12-inch wand, 28-inch reinforced hose and adjustable nozzle. The handle is ergonomically designed for easy pumping and carrying!
Another problem with garden sprayer is it sometimes clogs when in use. However, the Chapin 20000 is designed with SureSpray Anti-Clog Filter for clog-free spraying which allows you to continuously spray without any inconvenience. This is compatible with common fertilizers, weed killers, and pesticides.
Despite being the best-seller on the market, there had been lapses regarding its quality. The pump handle seems small and not durable as I expected it to be. I also find the wand too short. Also, since it is made of plastic, the durability is a bit compromised. The construction is not very sturdy.
What we like:
- #1 best-seller on the market
- Easy to fill and easy to clean
- Features 1-gallon tank capacity
- Features 12-inch wand, 28-inch reinforced base and adjustable nozzle
- Prevents clogs in the nozzle with the SureSpray Anti-Clog Filter design
What we don't like:
- The wand is a bit short
- The pump handle is less durable and looks small
- The construction or the material is not very sturdy
The amazing feature I find with this garden sprayer is its versatility. The Smith Contractor 190216 garden sprayer includes 5 different nozzles – poly adjustable, brass adjustable, 2 flat fans, high-performance foaming nozzle - where you can use for particular applications. I think this is an incredible feature that provides more convenience to the user as you can adjust the nozzle according to the function you prefer.
If you also need a garden sprayer with bigger tank capacity, the Smith Contractor 190216 can also be your option. It features 2-gallon tank capacity that you can fill with products for gardening products or any commercial cleaning products. It has a 21-inch poly wand with Viton seals throughout the pump for maximum chemical resistance. It is designed with premium commercial grade shut-off with a comfortable grip, lock-on feature and easy-to-clean in-line filter.
There are only two problems I found with this sprayer: the wand’s connector and the construction. The wand’s connector seems loose which cause the sprayer to leak. Also, the construction is not as durable as I think it should be. There are parts of this sprayer that broke only less than a year of use.
What we like:
- Features 5 different types of nozzles
- Features 2-gallon tank capacity
- Has 21-inch poly wand with Viton seals for maximum chemical resistance
- Designed with premium commercial grade shut-off
- Features comfortable grip and lock-on feature
- Easy to clean
What we don't like:
- The wand’s connector seems loose
- The construction or the quality of the sprayer is not very durable – some parts can break easily
The battery-powered backpack sprayer by My 4 Sons is actually the most expensive sprayer in our list. However, it guarantees top quality and convenient use. You can obviously see how sturdy it is made. It features a heavy-duty extra-long adjustable stainless steel wand, from 20 to 40 inches long which is best for on-target spraying.
Moreover, this is the only sprayer on the market that has a High Efficiency 60 Psi pump with an adjustable output dial. It is battery-powered which provides more power especially on heavy-duty services on wider yards. The 4-gallon tank capacity is a plus too! Hence, this is recommended for professional use and perhaps, not for beginners.
It also features swaged hose connections to prevent leaking. The nozzles are adjustable to different types – adjustable brass, flat tee jet, fine mist and double. This allows you to use the sprayer according to the application you prefer.
Obviously, the price is not what other users may prefer since it is actually expensive than the others. It does perform well and the quality’s high-quality, though. Also, like what was mentioned earlier, this includes settings and parts that only professionals or someone who is more familiar with a garden sprayer, can understand.
What we like:
- Battery-powered – provides heavy-duty service
- Features multiple nozzles
- Has high efficiency 60 PSI pump with adjustable output dial
- Durable and reliable quality
- Features 4-gallon tank capacity – perfect for heavy-duty use on wider yards
What we don't like:
- Not for beginners – recommended for professionals
Smith Contractor 190216 2-Gallon Garden Sprayer
When it comes to quality and price, the Smith Contractor 190216 2-Gallon Garden Sprayer really caught my eye. I find the multiple nozzles promising because not all garden sprayers are versatile enough to provide more than one. Well, some may home 5 or less but the quality may not be as good as this. It makes it more convenient to use and the spraying more precise.
I also like how I can fill it up with more content with its 2-gallon tank capacity and it can be useful for wider yards or garden. I think the 21-inch wand is long enough to perform its job. Also, the sprayer is easy to clean.
However, just like any other products, this one also has drawbacks. Just like what I’ve mentioned, the wand’s connector is a bit loose and the construction is not really sturdy as others may expect it to be. Well, I guess, this can be resolved if only you buy this from the trusted stores. If there would be any problems, you can return it within 30 days. And of course, proper care and cleaning will prevent it from getting damaged over time.
Choosing the best garden sprayer will help you grow your plants and flowers well. Perhaps, if you spare more space for vegetables and fruits, you can grow them perfectly too. But how would you know the vegetables and fruits that can easily grow in your yard? This guideline will definitely help you!