Super Easy Guide: How to Use Pocket Hole Jig that Will Help You Earn Money
Earning money can be challenging. We have different reasons why we wanted to earn but let me ask you, what are the side gigs you actually carry out with your things at hand? Do you think it is possible to utilize the same tools in gardening to create another monetary resource?
You have to bear in mind that if you have the right tools and creativity you can end up reaching your financial quotas faster. In today’s article, we are going to take a look at how a pocket hole jig can lead you to new streams of income just like making your own tower garden into a salad pot!
Now, without further ado, let us take a look at some guidelines on how to earn money with a pocket hole jig.
What you will need
- You will need a very reliable pocket jig hole.Read a trustworthy pocket hole jig review here. Not only will you learn which the best pocket hole jig is available in the market, you will also know how you can make the right decision when you are planning to purchase your own.
- Set of woods.
- Set of screws.Sometimes, when you purchase blocks of wood, or even the pocket hole jig itself, you may get yourself a set of screws that will come along with them. They come in different shapes and sizes. The choices would be lag screw, machine screws, sheet metal screws, and wood screws.
- Optional paints and embellishments. This is part is highly subjective. Others would like a classic vintage touch in which they would only use varnish. Other crafters would like to add their favorite colors, laces, pearls, stickers, you name it!
Step by step instructions
#1 - Choose which project you should do.
Take a look at your house, do you want to get rid of any furniture? You can chop off the parts and use is in upcycling. Do you want to throw your old sewing machine? Maybe you can use your pocket hole jig, install sides and book stand and create a vintage study table out of it.
You can build a coat hanger using huge stair or balcony railings. From the same source, you can also come up with a unique lamp or a table centerpiece wherein you can place a vase of your beautiful lavenders.
Carefully take time in this. You do not want to waste your time, money, and effort in the end.
Proper planning can save dollars – John Battaglia
#2 - Prepare the materials.
In getting woods, you have to consider several factors. Are you going after the esthetic components of your lumber? Do you wish to work with a soft wood or something that is more challenging to divide? You can deliberate choosing one from these: Cherrywood, elm, maple, oaks, olive ash, or rosewood when preparing your materials.
The wood should be properly measured, cut and smoothened according to your idea, preference and need.
#3 - Start assembling your masterpiece
You may research on how to efficiently do carpentry processes. There are also many step-by-step guide articles on the web. You may follow them exactly but you can always add your own touch!
#4 - Decide how much you wish to earn from the item.
Add the costs of the items you spent and your labor rate to the profit you have in mind. Be careful not to price it too low or too high.
#5 - Sell!
You can do these in many ways. Bring it in flea markets, garage sales, bazaars, or through social media!
Here’s a great video to get you started:
Additional Woodcraft Ideas and Tips
On top of the few things I have suggested in the previous section, did you know that pocket hole jigs can be used to create carcasses, cabinet frames, and face frames? It would also make beautiful leg rails and braces to keep your table projects, and furniture corners sturdy.
Save money by not hiring experts to retrofit your stairs and columns, or by installing jamb extensions and outdoor decks.
Here are some tips for beginners before I end my discussion
- Measure, measure, and measure! Pocket hole jigs create invisible junctions but, if you fail to do it at the correct position, you will end up messing its purpose
- Make use of clamps. They are important to secure joints successfully.
- Making good projects rely on the compatibility of the screws. You will have to check for appropriate thickness and length. If you are using cherry, maple or oak I would advise you to utilize fine threads. On the other hand, if your wood is from a pine tree or fir tree, a coarse thread will be your best choice.
- Manufacturers will include instructions on the product in which you should carefully follow. You do not only ensure the longevity of your pocket hole jig, you also guarantee safety, and rest assured that the finish products you will make will be highly satisfactory.
In this world that we live in, where money is considered a necessity, we have to think creatively and make the most out of what is available. We do not have to spend buying new woods; we do not need to be expert carpenters.
The pocket hole jig can turn things that are old and seemingly useful into something valuable once more. The only limit is your imagination. It can join and band edges. Dealing with angles and even aprons would not be a problem with its help. You can now make curves and corners that are beveled without disrupting the beauty of your masterpiece as these tools make use of screws discreetly.
I hope you find this article very useful. If you have other ways on how we can upcycle things? Share it please at the comment box below!