How To Choose The Best Weed And Herb Grinder For You
Are you looking for the best weed and herb grinder? Well, you should take the time to find the best one. That way, you can get the most out of your cannabis. Here’s what you need to know about cannabis grinders and how to find the best one for your needs.
How Do They Work?
Most grinders have a top and bottom part. In between, you will find small teeth that shred the herb or weed as you twist the top and bottom part. Once you are done grinding, open it up, and pour out the contents. Grinders make it easy to grind the herb and roll up joints.
Do You Really Need A Grinder?
Are you wondering if you really need a grinder? Well, here are some of the advantages you can enjoy from buying a good grinder.
- With the grinder, you can remove the seeds and stems from the herb so you can enjoy a smoother vaping or smoking session.
- Also, with a proper grinder, the flower is finely ground and even. It improves the airflow when using a pipe, bong, or vaporizer.
How To Find The Best Herb Grinder For Your Needs
Now that you know the benefits of using a herb grinder, you should take time to find the best one for your needs. Here are some of the things to consider when looking for a good herb grinder.
1. The Type
Here are some of the key types of herb grinders to consider.
- Plastic – It’s the cheapest in the market. However, they are not durable because they are cheaply made. They often break during the grinding process. They are advantageous when you need a portable herb grinder. If you are leaving it at a friend’s place or are prone to losing your grinders, it’s best to choose the plastic option.
- Wood – It’s much better than the plastic grinder. However, the teeth found between the top and bottom parts are usually rounded pegs or little metal posts. They have some decorative carvings on the top section to bring out a rustic charm. You need to put a lot of pressure when using them for a finely ground result.
- Metal – You can use this grinder for any type of herb. They are indestructible. A metal herb grinder is very simple and dependable. They are machine-cut, so they have sharp teeth to grind the weed or herb in any condition.
Take your time to try out the various types of grinders to find the best one for you.
2. The Teeth
When checking whether or not a weed grinder is effective, the teeth should be considered. If you buy a grinder with more teeth, you can count on fine results. Some grinders feature as many as 50 teeth, while others have fewer.
Also, you need to consider the shape of the teeth when buying a grinder. If possible, you should choose a grinder with diamond-shaped teeth. That’s because they are very efficient when it comes to grinding the herb.
3. The Size
Having a herb grinder will make your life easier. In most cases, you will be forced to carry it around with you wherever you go. The size of the grinder depends mostly on how much weed you need to grind. If you are looking for a small joint, you can’t go wrong with the smaller size for a grinder.
However, if you are grinding weed for a larger group, you should opt for a multiple chamber grinder. Most weed grinders range between 1.5 to 4 inches. The diameter is about 2 to 2.5 inches. With this compact size, you can securely grip the ends and twist the top and bottom part effortlessly.
4. Electric Or Manual
Most herb grinders are operated manually. They are very efficient if you are using them leisurely. You can actually grind enough herbs to last as long as a week effortlessly. However, if you are grinding a large batch, an electric grinder is the best choice.
You will not have a hard time operating it. However, it has one disadvantage. You have to feed a specific amount of herb at a time so you will wait for a while before you can get any results.
The number of compartments in a grinder can help you ascertain its functionality. Most grinders have the top and bottom pieces creating one compartment. These are often very cheap and will result in inconsistent sizes when you grind weed.
On the other hand, you can choose a 3 piece grinder which improves the sizes. You will enjoy a good grinding experience from this option. There are other grinders with 4 pieces. The 3rd compartment is mostly used for pollen and kief. Also, they come with different sizes of teeth to help you choose the size of the particles you need.
The price should be the last thing you check when looking for a grinder. Take all the tips above into account, then consider your budget, and you will find a good grinder for your needs.